Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Classic Martinez



This drink has become one of my absolute favorites recently, it’s a smooth blend of gin, vermouth, maraschino liqueur, and bitters. I first had one at an amazing little place in down town Charleston called The Gin Joint. If you’ve been good on you, if you haven’t you need to, it’s life changing. Now there are several versions of this drink floating around and all have really great qualities about them but this is the recipe that I like best and as with all the drinks and recipes I post feel free to tweak them to your liking and please let me know what could make it that much better. If you ask my wife I tell her that the drinks I make could always be better.


1 ¾ oz Gin (I use Plymouth you can’t go wrong here)
2 oz Martini and Rossi Rosso Vermouth
¼ oz Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
2 dashes of Reagan’s No. 6 Orange Bitters

Put all ingredients into a mixing glass ans stir for about 40 rotations, I do 20 each direction. Strain into an iced rocks glass and garnish with a large orange peal.




No comments:

Post a Comment